THIS AWARD HAS BEEN NAMED AFTER THE YANKEE CLIPPER SHIPS THAT BROUGHT FAME AND RESPECT TO THE EXCELLENCE OF YANKEE SHIPPPING. DURING THE EARLY DAYS OF OUR NATION THESE SHIPS SET A STANDARD BY WHICH ALL OTHERS WERE JUDGED
WE HONOR THOSE WHO, BY THEIR UNSELFISH DEDICATION TO THE ADVANCEMENT OF SQUARE AND ROUND DANCING IN THE NEW ENGLAND AREA, HAVE SET A STANDARD BY WHICH ALL PARTICIPANTS IN THE SQUARE DANCE ACTIVITY MAY BE JUDGED.
Nominations for the Yankee Clipper Award for Distinguished Service to Square/Round Dancing in New England will be judged upon the following criteria
- The Nominee shall have been active a minimum of ten years in this New England activity.
- That during this time, the dedicated service to square/round dancing has been of an exemplary nature.
- That the Nominee be a ‘complete’ person; that is, his/her total life brings credit to our activity.
- Normally this Award shall be considered a partner award. Service and activities of the partner when applicable shall be considered.
- Nominations shall be confidential and not discussed with the Nominee except as cleared by the Awards Committee in advance of such discussion.
- There shall be no announcement of the Award Recipient until the Award has been made publicly.
- The decisions of the Awards Committee are final, binding and not subject to review by any other authority.
- In making this Award, it shall be understood that the CO-OPeration Committee is acting for square and round dancers in EDSARDA, callers in NECCA, and round dance teachers in NECORTA.
New England Square and Round Dance CO-OP Committee
Sub-Committee on AWARDS
Deadline for nominations – November 30; Nominations forms can be obtained from:
Gloria Vivier 31 North St Granby, MA 01033-9512 (413) 467-3352 firstname.lastname@example.org